The Experimental Set-Up Consists of The Following :
- Diodes : Rectifier – 4001 (Si), Signal – IN 34 (Ge) and Zener 6.1, Volt and Light emitting Diode.
- 3 ½ Digit Digital Voltmeter which can measure voltage ( 0 – 20, Volt).
- Suitable precision resistance are provided for the measurement of forward current, reverse current, in the range of 10, mAmp. to 200, mAmp.
- I.C. Regulated variable Power Supply. ( 0 – 12, Volt).
The experimental set – up has been laid – down on a decorated bakelite board with an aim of providing an easy understanding to the students. All components are well spread out for clarity with suitable sockets and patch chords for easy and proper connections. The experimental set – ups is complete in all respects.
The following studies may be carried with this set – up :
- Forward and Reverse Characteristics of both Ge, Si Diode and LED’s.
- Study of Zener Diode Characteristics.
The set – up is provided with a booklet which contains its theory of operations, description, suggestions and discussion of the experiments that may be performed with it.