A semi–converter is also a bridge circuit but in these configurations two thyristors are replaced by power diode and can be connected in either arm of the bridge. It is also known as half controlled converter or one quadrant converter because the operation is limited to first quadrant only. Half controlled means that control is possible in one half cycle only or on half the number of components.
The set – up consists of:
- Power circuit based on two thyristors and two power diodes.
- Firing circuit for thyristors.
- Step down isolation transformer.
- Test point for observations.
- Resistive Load.
- Inductive Load.
- Builtin power supply.
- Complete with working manual and patch cords.
- To study the operation of single phase half controlled bridge converter at different firing angles.
- With Resistive Load.
- With L Load.
- Power Scope.
- Digital Multimeter.