A SCR can be turned ON by applying a positive voltage of about a volt or a current of a few tens of milli-amps at the gate-cathode terminals. However, the amplifying gain of this regenerative device being in the order of the 108, the SCR cannot be turned OFF via the gate terminal. It will turn-off only after the anode current is annulled either naturally or using forced commutation techniques. These methods of turn-off do not refer to those cases where the anode current is gradually reduced below Holding Current level manually or through a slow process. Once the SCR is turned ON, it remains ON even after removal of the gate signal, as long as a minimum current, the Holding Current, Ih, is maintained in the main or rectifier circuit.
- All Components are terminated with a connector for the study of Students.
- One potentiometer is provided to vary the Frequency.
- Inbuilt Power supply for Converter and triggering pulse.
- Inbuilt resistive, Inductive load.
- Power ON indication Switch for firing scheme and power circuit.
- Detailed mimic diagrams are drowned to facilitate the experiments
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION :
- Kit Working voltage:(220-240)VAC
- Input Voltage: 30V DC
- Output Voltage: 30V DC
- Load Current:1A
- Voltage and Current Commutated Chopper (VCC-10)
- Patch cards
- 2A Fuse
- User Manual of Kit