DESCRIPTION OF INSTRUMENT :
The linear system simulator set–up is designed to study the transient response of a linear system. Simple block diagram approach is used to system configuration. Disturbance points etc. a description is given below :
SIGNAL SOURCES :
There are three built-in sources in this unit.
- Frequency : 40 – 90 Hz (Variable)
- Square Wave : p – p amplitude 0 – 2 Volts
- Triangular Wave : p – p amplitude 0 – 2 Volts
- Trigger : ± 5 Volts (approximate)
- This unit is inside a metallic cabinet with front panel block diagram.
- All the necessary switches, potentiometer and test points are on the front panel.
- All the waveforms can be measured on a C.R.O.
- Simulated First, Second and Third order system of Type – 0 and Type – 1.
- Calibrated Variable gain amplifier of resolution 1 : 1000.
- Builtin Signal source, Square wave and triangular wave with 45 – 90 Hz Frequency and 0 – 2.5 amplitude.
- Provision for disturbance inputs.
- Builtin Regulated Power Supply : 230 Volt, ± 10%, 50 Hz mains operated.
- Detailed literature and patch cords.
To study the time response of various simulated linear systems.
1. Open Loop Response :
- Error Detector Cum Variable Gain
- Time Constants
2. Closed Loop Response :
- First Order System
- Second Order System
- Third Order System
ACCESSORIES REQUIRED :
- A general purpose Dual Trace, Oscilloscope.