DESCRIPTION OF EQUIPMENT :
- The Stepper Motor Control Unit houses all the necessary electronic circuits required to operate and control of the Stepper Motor. A control circuit using TTL ICs provides the necessary pulse sequence for continuous rotation in clockwise and anticlockwise directions. In single stepping mode 4 inputs are provided to select 0 and 1 signal through switches. A variable frequency square wave generator with a varying frequency of 10-800 Hz. (approximate) is provided for varying the speed of the motor.
- All necessary power supply are provided in the same unit. Only 230V 10%, 50Hz mains power is required to operate the unit.
- The motor is, also, housed in the separate cabinet. A 3600 calibrated dial is fixed on the shaft of the motor to provide a visual indication of the shaft position.
- A servo potentiometer is also mounted on the motor shaft, for sensing the shaft position.
- A microprocessor interface has been incorporated to provide the user with a facility to study the microprocessor control of stepper motor. By using on 8085 microprocessor based kit, the movement of the stepper motor can be programmed to generate any desired profile.
- This unit is inside a metallic cabinet with front panel block diagram.
- All the necessary switches, potentiometer and test points are on the front panel.
- The features include Single Stepping and free running mode of operation and variable speed and direction reversal – internal TTL circuit.
- 360 degree motion servo-potentiometer position pick – up for motor dynamics.
- Operation through Microprocessor kit with sample control programs.
- Stepper Motor Specifications are :
- 2.8 Kg-cm Torque.
- 1.8 degree step angle.
- Power : 12 Volt at 1 Amp. per phase.
- Builtin Regulated Power Supply : 220 Volt, ± 10%, 50 Hz mains operated.
- Detailed literature and patch cords.
- To study the operation of a Stepper Motor.
- Trainer complete with Microprocessor.