This is a two stage transistor amplifier with a provision for positive and negative feedback. The amount of feedback is adjustable and with the help of this it is even possible to make the amplifier oscillate. A 9, Volts stabilized power supply is provided on the same board
The experimental set – up has been laid down on a painted aluminum panel with an aim of providing an easy understanding to the students. All components are well spread out for celerity and easy repairs and replacement. The set – up is provided with a booklet, which contains its detailed theory of operation, description, specifications, suggestions and discussion on the various experiments that may be performed with it.
The following studies can be carried out with the set – up :
- Study of basic circuit of a R.C. Coupled Amplifier.
- Its frequency response.
- Effect of negative feedback on the gain and frequency response of the amplifier.
- Effect of positive feedback on the gain and frequency response of the amplifier.
- Verification of the condition of oscillation.
- Study of different classes of amplifier.
- Current – Shunt Negative Feedback Amplifier.
The experiment will require the following measuring / testing instruments :
- True R.M.S. A.C. Millivoltmeter, Model – ACM – 536.
- Audio Frequency Oscillator, Model – 712.
- A General purpose C.R.O., Model – 201. (“Scientech” make.)
There may be any change in specification due to continuous R & D without notice.