The Commutation Circuit Trainer, Model – CC – 201 has been designed to perform experiments related to forced Commutation techniques of S.C.R. Each commutation circuit is printed on the panel to explain the commutation process. All test points are brought out to the banana sockets mounted on front panel for observations. Provision is made to change passive elements for understanding thyristor turn off time and circuit turn off time.
All cares have been taken to make this unit convenient, simple in working. The commutation unit is fully self content. Only a general purpose C.R.O. and multimeter are required to perform experiments. All key components are mounted on a glass epoxy P.C.B.
The following experiments can be performed :
- Turn – off time test.
- Class – ‘A’ or self commutation by resonating the load.
- Class – ‘B’ or self commutation by an L.C. circuit.
- Class – ‘C’ or commutation through charged capacitor switched by another load carrying SCR.
- Class – ‘D’ or commutation through charged capacitor switched by auxiliary SCR.
- Class – ‘E’ or external pulse source commutation.
ACCESSORIES REQUIRED :
- General purpose Dual Trace Oscilloscope.