This is a very versatile unit which can be used for performing different experiments just by means of selector switches. All the control characteristics of basic transductors and Magnetic amplifier can be studied. The following gives a list of experiments that can be performed with this demo unit :
INPUT SIGNAL : Control
Maximum 500, mAmp DC through control winding for series and parallel mag. Amp. connection.
AC Input in the load circuit 230 Volt, 6 Amps.
Maximum Power 250,VA D.C.
Output Voltage can be varied upto 200 Volt D.C.
Load current can be upto 1, Amps. D.C.
To demonstrated all the control characteristics of the different basic magnetic amplifier circuits.
EXPERIMENTS THAT CAN BE PERFORMED :
- Study of B – H loop of the core material used on a C.R.O.
- Magnetization characteristics of the gate winding of the saturable reactor.
- Control characteristics of a series transductors unit.
- Control characteristics of a parallel transductors unit non – polarized control characteristics.
ACCESSORIES REQUIRED :
- Variable Power Supply, Output : 0 – 30 Volt at 1 Amp.
- Single Tube Rheostat : 100 ohm. / 1 Amp.
- D.C. Ammeter, Range : 0 – 1 Amp. (Desk type)
- Resistive Load.